Here are the 10 Best Fantasy TV shows of All Time
|Game of Thrones|
The first season, consisting of eight episodes, was released on Netflix in its entirety on December 20, 2019. It is based on The Last Wish and Sword of Destiny, which are collections of short stories that precede the main Witcher saga. Netflix announced a second eight-episode season, to be released in 2021.
IMDB Rating: 8.3
4. Lucifer: Lucifer is an American television series developed by Tom Kapinos that premiered on Fox on January 25, 2016. It is based on the DC Comics character created by Neil Gaiman, Sam Kieth, and Mike Dringenberg taken from the comic book series The Sandman. Lucifer’s story about Lucifer Morningstar one day has decided he’s had enough of being the dutiful servant in Hell and decides to spend some time on Earth to better understand humanity the story starts. This fantasy adventure drama series having four successful seasons with 67 episodes all season’s episodes available on Netflix.
The series is produced by Jerry Bruckheimer Television, DC Entertainment, and Warner Bros. Television.
Network: Netflix, FOX
IMDB Rating: 8.2
5. Outlander: Outlander is a fantasy historical drama television series based on the novel series of the same name by Diana Gabaldon. Developed by Ronald D. Moore, the show premiered on August 9, 2014, on Starz. Outlander’s story revolves around the Caitriona Balfe as Claire Randall, a married former World War II nurse who in 1946 finds herself transported back to Scotland in 1743. There she encounters the dashing Highland warrior Jamie Fraser (Sam Heughan) and becomes embroiled in the Jacobite risings.
Outlander having five seasons and 62 episodes.
IMDB Rating: 8.4
6. The Originals: The Originals is fantasy–based American drama television series, that began airing on The CW Network station, October 3, 2013. The Originals story about a family of power-hungry thousand-year-old vampires look to take back the city that they built and dominate all those who have done them wrong. The series has five seasons and 92 episodes, the series is directed by Julie Plec and many actors like Joseph Morganm, Daniel Gillies, Claire Holt, Phoebe Tonkin, Charles Michael Davis, Daniella Pineda, Leah Pipes, Danielle Campbell, Yusuf Gatewood, Riley Voelkel, Danielle Rose Russell, Steven Krueger played a vital role in this series.
Network: The CW Television Network
IMDB Rating: 8.2
7. Vikings: Vikings is fantasy-based action, adventure drama series created by Michael Hirst, The Vikings TV Shows are released on History channel. The fantasy historical drama series tells the saga of Ragnar’s band of Viking brothers and his family as he rises to become King of the Viking tribes. As well as being a fearless warrior, Ragnar embodies the Norse traditions of devotion to the gods: legend has it that he was a direct descendant of Odin, the god of war and warriors.
Vikings series till now seven seasons and 93 episodes actors Katheryn Winnick, Gustaf Skarsgård, Alexander Ludwig played a lead role in Vikings. Vikings is streaming online in the History channel.
Network: History Channel
IMDB Rating: 8.6
8. The Shannara Chronicles: The Shannara Chronicles is a fantasy-based adventure series directed by Alfred Gough, Miles Millar and stars Austin Butler, Ivana Baquero, Manu Bennett in the lead role. The story is all about an Elvish tree, known as the Ellcrys, is dying. The bad news is that the tree has been the only piece of magic that protects the Four Lands from the Demon World. Amberle Elessedil is the only one who can save the tree. But she has to unlock magic that the Elves haven’t used in thousands of years. With the help of Wil Ohmsford, she travels to find the lost magic. But it won’t be an easy task.
The Shannara Chronicles series having 2 successful seasons with 20 episodes.
IMDB Rating: 7.2